While pressure washing certainly has its place, there are many reasons why you should consider using the soft washing technique for your next home exterior, patio, walkway, or driveway cleaning and restoration.
What is Soft Washing?
Soft washing is the use of a combination of a non-abrasive, low-pressure water jet and biodegradable chemicals to kill unsightly and harmful algae, lichen, and mold, while cleaning off hard to remove discoloration and dirt.
What is the Difference Between Soft Washing and Pressure Washing?
While both soft washing and pressure washing use water to wash and clean the surfaces, they do so in different ways. Pressure washing, as the name suggests, uses highly pressurized water to remove any grime or dirt from the surface forcefully. While this can be effective in most cases, it poses some risk of property damage as well as other dangers. Soft washing on the other hand, forgoes much of the pressurization in favor of chemicals. It consists of cleaning agents, detergents, chemicals, and very low pressure. Cleaning agents do their work and the low-pressure water rinses away the dirt and debris. The chemicals used are safe for both your home and the environment.
Dangers of Pressure Washing
Pressure washing can be dangerous, especially when you use the DIY approach. Some of these dangers include the following:
- High pressure is bad as it can easily get into your walls and your house. While your house is built to withstand rain, pressure washing it could result in problems like mold, wet attics, soggy carpet, and more.
- In inexperienced hands, pressure washing can cause leaking in window seals and even destroy window screens.
- When done incorrectly, pressure washing can damage siding and sometimes even knock it loose. And if the user doesn’t know what he/she is doing, the mortar on brick houses can also be blasted away.
- Last but not least, high pressure water can remove paint as well.
Why Use Soft Washing? Is it Safe?
Soft washing is non-abrasive and gentle yet highly effective. Not only is it safer for your home, but it is also better and more efficient as compared to power washing. Here are some of the key reasons to use soft washing:
- More Desirable: Since low pressure ensures that no damage can occur on the material being cleaned, soft washing is safer, beneficial, and more desirable.
- Eco-Friendly: Soft washing uses biodegradable cleaning materials. This means the cleaning process has no effects on the environment.
- Water Economical: Soft washing uses less amount of water as opposed to pressure washing. This is because this technique favors cleaning agents over pressurization water.
- Cost-Effective: Softwashing is cost effective especially for homeowners who decide to use it instead of painting their house.
Cleaning a home properly is not about how much pressure you can use; it’s about using the proper procedures and proper cleaners to clean it. To avoid certain dangers and make sure that no damage is caused to your property, it is recommended that you hire a company that does soft washing. Soft washing is safe, more effective, and reliable than pressure washing and any person should consider it as the top choice.
Call us today for a free quote! (605-480-1384)